Friday, September 25, 2009

Prophecies for Immaculate Conception Novena

I have begun arranging a Novena for the Immaculate Conception. While there are several versions of an Immaculate Conception Novena already available, I took to heart the text from the Directory on Popular Piety, n. 102, which states that
"The novena of the Immaculate Conception, wherever it is celebrated, should highlight the prophetical texts which begin with Genesis 3,15, and end in Gabriel's salutation of the one who is "full of grace" (Lk 1, 31-33). (Popular Piety, n. 102)
Clearly, this gives me two of nine texts. I thought that I would be able to use the types given in Pius IX's Ineffabilis Deus, which, in addition to providing the above two texts, also provides some eight others pointing toward the Immaculate Conception. If any of them may appear unsatisfactory, I can always include the "Emmanuel" prophecy.

I thought it also good to base this around a preexisting Immulate Conception Novena prayer. Then, I have added the Litany of Loreto at the beginning as an option to use for the Novena, and a recommendation for a Marian hymn at the end ("Immaculate Mary" or the Magnificat).

I am almost done with the Advent section. I still do not know what to do for the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Suggestions are welcome. Meanwhile, I do have some ideas of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment